Queen for a day

The punks are on spring break this week, so last night at dinner, they played rock, paper, scissors to see who would have to get up and feed calves with their dad this morning.   Well,  Taryn won.  I guess, if you call waking up early and feeding calves in the rain on your week off school winning, then I guess she did.  Later on, after much discussion, they decided to trade. 

This morning, at 7am (on my week off school) a certain someone started pounding me on the shoulder.  "Big Toast,  since I have to work tomorrow morning, on your real birthday, I want to make you breakfast in bed."  Why she calls me big toast, I do not know.  If you ask her, she breaks down in a fit of giggles and can't answer.  So, we're going with it. 

A few minutes (and a lot of banging around) later and I had breakfast in bed, made specifically for me by my 12 yr old daughter.  I had a dippy egg (cuz those are my favorite), toast, a banana, yogurt and hot chocolate because she couldn't find my Chai. 

She even stayed in bed with me while I ate and we watched I love Lucy.   I  love Lucy, I really do.  When Aidan was little and the show came on, he'd yell for me to come watch.  "It's the show you love, Mommy.  It's the show that losted it's color."   They were both baffled at the black and whiteness.  I was baffled at the twin beds.   Here's a bit of trivia:  did you know that since the show aired in 1951, it has NEVER been off the air?  That's good quality TV right there.  And, they never played any tricks on us either, like subsituting a new Ricky all Bewitched style.  Narcotic addiction or not, I liked the first Darren the best.  

Now, my favorite character subsitution was Becky on Roseanne....I loved when they just made it part of the gag.   Too bad Roseanne Barr/Arnold/no last name, just Roseanne is living the dream in Hawaii....on her macadamia plantation and planning a hostile take over of the world with her nuts.  It's true, I saw her on Regis and Kelly and she claims that she will put farms out of business solely with the macadamia nut....it's the perfect food.  You won't need to eat any meat or dairy....just her nuts.   I can't wait, because when that day comes, we'll be selling these cows, buying us some macadamia nut plants...bushes....trees...whatever the heck they grow on and living the sweet life on the big island. 


Whoops, train derailed again.......

0 comments: