Look who's coming for dinner

I've blogged before about the Brechland Farms birthday tradition of naming a calf after our family and close friends if it's born on their birthday.  You can check it HERE.  Well, about two years ago, we had a cute little heifer born on my sister's birthday, which happens to be March 1st....in case you want to send her a card. 


Farm Boy, Jr Edition, who we sometimes refer to as Amelia Bedelia because he takes things so literally, realized that we could name the calf after his aunt,  Michelle.  Now, you would assume that we would name the calf, Michelle, right?  But, my adorable son called that calf "Aunt Shell" from day one.  It was so stinkin' cute when he'd point her out to everyone and say "see that one there?  That's Aunt Shell."   My sister  had to come visit "Aunt Shell" and it was even funnier when my brother in law picked her out of the line up because she had the same hair style as my sister in elementary school. 


Here she is at just a few days old:






And, when my daughter was taking pictures of Brown Sugar, guess who she saw?  Yup, Aunt Shell came walking around the corner.









Now, as I'm writing this and posting the pictures, I realized.....this really isn't Aunt Shell.  You can tell by the spot under the left eye.  I just don't have the heart to tell Taryn, she was so excited to have her back.  Actually, I don't know who this stranger is. Well...really, I do know.  It's 2879, duh!

   But, I already had the post written and I can't disappoint my daughter and I think it's pretty funny that we have a cow named Aunt Shell somewhere on the farm, we just have to find her.  When I do, I'll replace this picture.  Shhhh.....don't tell.   

0 comments: