That's a load of bull

There really isn't much to this story.   There was a cow.  The cow had a baby.  The baby was a bull.  The bull was big.  The end.

I started back to work on the farm on Saturday morning.   The farm was a buzz with talk of  "the big bull."   The oldest punk came running down the hill telling me to grab my camera.   I was chatting with one of our employees and he even said "it is a big bull."  Well, I thought....this I've got to see.  





The Dairy Farmer was even heard saying he's pretty sure this is the biggest bull he's ever seen.  And he's been around awhile.   Of course, momma didn't do this all by herself, she needed some help.   They pulled this big guy and they said he just kept coming and coming and coming.   

 Usually, a bull weighs around 95-ish pounds when they're born.  Which....that itself makes me cross my legs and cringe a bit.


Homeboy probably weighed over 140 pounds.   We sold him on Thursday and The Dairy Farmer said he could hardly get him on the trailer.  I'm not sure who his momma is, but I can guess 2 things:  one:  she was not a first calf heifer and two:  she's the one in the barn who's walking a little funny.


0 comments: