Happy Mother's Day

If you are a mom, a mother, a mommy or a momma......today is your day!  Happy Mother's Day  to you all.  Today started off smashing:  breakfast in bed from the oldest (a cold scrambled egg and 2 pieces of dry toast) and I couldn't have loved it more.  The Dairy Farmer went to the grocery store for me- which, as you mommas know...is a glorious gift and in real time on the farm, the punks are cleaning out the garage and I am exempt.  I've got it made.

Farm Boy, Jr. Edition has been up in his room "creating" all morning.  When he asks if he can keep his bedroom door shut, I know it means business.  You see, Jr. Edition is a lego junkie. He can spend hours building...whether it's based on the instructions in the box or creations from his own mind and today......he was building something.....just for me.

Yesterday, we turned on the Kentucky Derby.  We aren't big horse racing fans, but farm work was done and we have officially seen every episode of iCarly or the Suite Life at least twice, so I made them watch the derby.  I am pretty sure we would have made some wagers and won big time if Uncle Moe wouldn't have been scratched the day before.     I am never impressed by their lineage, bloodlines or race history....I bet solely on their color or their name and it just so happens that my brother in law is.....indeed......Uncle Moe.  

We watched them parade to the post and we picked out our "winners."  Taryn chose Animal Kingdom because he was pretty (ah, proud mommy moment),  Aidan went with Pants on the Ground....wait...no...that's not right....Pants of Fire.   The Dairy Farmer decided he liked the look of Nehro and I had to go with  Mucho Macho Man because I could sing a little Village People.

Well....sadly, we didn't do any wagering and it's too daggone bad, because......if you watched the derby yesterday, you'd have seen that we came in 1....2.....3.   Damn.  Easy chair betting is just sooooo darn easy!  And, the jockey who rode Animal Kingdom was to ride Uncle Moe....so, I like to think that I missed being a millionaire yesterday by .......this much.

Anywho- in honor of the race, I received this as my Mother's Day gift:  a miniaturized version of a full scale replica of a lego model of the Kentucky Derby. 



   












It just doesn't get any better than this. 

0 comments: