Proof

It's pretty widely known among my close circle of friends and family that I don't cook.  I think I was born without a "cooking" gene, but, I can wash dishes like no one's business.  I will dust the house, do laundry till I turn blue, I will iron and wash floors on my hands and knees.  But, I don't cook.  Now, don't get that statement confused with I don't know HOW to cook.  I do.  I totally know how....I just don't like it.  In fact, I hate it and if momma is in the kitchen, look out, cuz she's a real bear (and that's putting it mildly).  She's angry, hateful and she might throw things.   

I do, however, have proof that I do cook, periodically, when the moon is in the seventh house.  The Dairy Farmer had a few evening meetings this week and I was left unattended with two hungry punks.  I told them we'd have quesadillas for dinner and this is what showed up in my kitchen.

And see.....in the bottom left of the picture.....that's my quesadilla.  I am a firm believer in the theory set forth by Chef Gusteau in the Disney movie, Ratatouille......."Anyone can cook."  It's just that some of us don't like to.  And if a little rat showed up in my kitchen and wanted to prepare me delicious gourmet meals, I would say "bring it, Little Chef." 

Here's a closer look at the order:


Spelling just isn't the youngest one's strong suit.  I think it's adorable that he asked for plane cheese. 
He may just have a future as a waiter in a diner writing up short orders for "Adam and Eve on a Raft... and wreck em!"

0 comments: