Two Words.....UGGGG LEEEEE

So, if you know me, you know I have 2 XXL dogs.  If you know me, you know I love my XXL dogs.  Their comfort is a high priority on my list and I have sacrificed at least 2 couches to them.  The last one was totally destroyed.    You see Abby:

well, she's a "nest" er.  She digs and digs and circles and circles to make herself a nice nest before she lays down.  That is tough on furniture.    And then there's Jack:

He weighs in around 180-ish and that's tough on furniture.  So, because I do love these hounds (and because Jack has decided to take over MY loveseat) I have been on the search for a new sofa for them.  

The other day The Dairy Farmer's family was over and mentioned that they had a loveseat that they were donating to the cause.  Cool.

Today, this is what showed up at my door:


Why, hello Goldie Hawn.  Welcome to the year 2011!  So, it's all good, right?  It's for the dogs, for pete's sake.  I can throw a cover over this and we'll be good to go.

Abby checked out Goldfinger and decided .....no thank you.  I prefer to lay on my flat, lifeless bed over here by the radiator.  Maybe Jack will like it?


Oh dear.  I am not sure what Oompa Loompa owned this loveseat, but it's a tad small.   Houston, we have a problem.  There is no way both of my dogs are going to fit on The Golden Child.  I'm afraid that Jack is going to continue hauling his big, slobbery beehind up on MY loveseat!   I guess we'll have to have a discussion about sharing.

Now, Goldmember didn't show up by herself.  She brought a friend:


This special friend was told to wait on the porch.   I have to draw a line somewhere.  So, if you're happening by the farm and you're feeling a bit weary, feel free to stop by and take a load off on my front porch.  If you position it right, you can watch TV through the window.





0 comments: