June WAS dairy month

Boy, I was messing around today and I found this post that I had started back in June.  It was entitled "June is dairy month."  Well....seeing as how it is now September and really more like October....I changed it to "June WAS dairy month" and will continue to tell you what was on my mind...back then.....in June....when it was dairy month.

Ok....well.....The Dairy Farmer isn't a real huge fan of facebook.  Shocker.  He's really not a huge fan of this blog.  In fact, I'm really not sure he's a fan of me.  Especially after I used my facebook connections and promoted that June IS dairy month.  I had to make sure the world knew it....or the few people that actually stick around to listen when I speak.  By golly, THEY knew it was dairy month.  Well, a friend asked me if The DF and crew would be willing to go to our local downtown farmers market some Saturday morning and promote dairy. 

Of course....he would LUHHHve to do that.  There is nothing my guy enjoys more than talking about dairy.  And what he loves even more- is talking about dairy with.....people.....in......<gasp> publik.   Yes!  I made The Dairy Farmer leave the farm- on his day "off" and stand around with other people and talk about farming!  He was...oh what's the word?  Thrilled...yes...that's it....he was thrilled.

So, we loaded up the punks and a calf and drove the swaggah wagon downtown to set up our stand.  Wait....no....we did not take a calf.  We took the next best thing, our Great Dane, Abby- who looks an awful lot like a calf.   <herein lies the reason I couldn't finish the post.....the day after we did the market was when we found out our girl had effing cancer>  

She drew them in far and wide and The Dairy Farmer found himself knee deep in farm talk with many local folks from our area.




  We had a lovely stand, lots of dairy related trinketry and even a trivia board that the kids and I created.  It wasn't real busy since it was so early in the season.  But, many folks stopped by and as the day went on, The DF loosened his tie and started enjoying himself.

<I find this hilarious....it was NOT that bad>





Here is our trivia board.  I just might start testing all of you, farm following friends, just to see how much I have really taught you.






Ahh....a glimpse of the wizard.  Doesn't happen often.  Considered yourselves blessed.


We all had a really nice time.  The market is great and we enjoyed our time away from the farm, to sit with our family....and share our story.  People are always genuinely interested when they hear we own a dairy farm.   Even though it seems like our day to day life is about as interesting as watching paint dry.....folks removed from the farm have LOADS of questions about it.  

It's good for me to give The DF a kick in the pants and make him go out and mingle with his peeps.   And trust me, he enjoyed himself.....he enoyed himself with a hot dog and he enjoyed himself with a whoopie pie and he enjoyed himself with a mint tea.   And let me just give a shout out for the mint tea- DAY YUM!  That stuff is the shiz.....trust  <sorry....I am messing with The DF right now....he HATES when I talk/write like that and I want to see how long it takes him to see it.>  

But.....to give you an idea how good the tea is.......the very next Saturday- The Dairy Farmer was back at the farmer's market- in publik- just to get another glass!

0 comments: