Mystery Solved

At any given time, there are at least 6 pairs of muck boots on my back porch.  They vary in type, size and ...smell.   One of the pairs belongs to me.  When I take my boots off...they are placed in a particular spot....side by side. Not because I'm anal or anything...but because....well......I'm anal.


Now that 3 of us in this family of four are wearing darn near the same size shoe, I tend to put mine where I know they will be.  I want to know, when I come flying out the back door at the speed of light, ready to jump into my work, that my boots are right there.....ready to go.  Much like a fireman (fire person?) when he slides down that pole, ready to respond to a raging fire, ready to save lives, ready to risk it all....he wants his boots right where he left them.  Yeah- it's EXACTLY like that.


Over the past few days, my boots are strewn about.  I don't like that.  I blamed the punks, because, as I mentioned before, we wear the same size shoes now.  And, as I mentioned before, ONE of us likes to place her boots neatly where they belong.  Others in this family do not....boots are laying all over the place.  I figured, in their sheer laziness....they don't want to go on a boot hunt, so they take mine. 


So, this morning, I go out to work at the butt crack of dawn and dag gone....I have one boot!  Now, I'm mad.  What is the deal?  I look around....not to be found.  There is ONE boot on the back porch and both punks are still in the house?  What the heck?


I step out the back door and what do I see but this:



It's Jack and he's lovingly, gently, ever so sweetly, licking the crap off my boots!  Mystery solved.   He's sneaky pete......slipping in the back door, grabbing my boots and having himself a nice little mid morning snack.  

Here are 2 things to remember when you visit me and my farm:  1) watch where you put your boots and 2) don't let my dog kiss you on the lips.

0 comments: