Camping my way

A few weeks ago, I blogged about Jr. Edition and his adventure camping with his class.  Well, he had a FANTASTIC time and was so happy he was able to go.  While he was away, The Dairy Farmer decided we should go camping too.

What?  Me?  I don't camp.  I've said it once, twice, three times a lady, I am an "inside" kinda wife.  I will cabin and perhaps RV, but sleeping in the woods, in a tent, in the dark is not really my "thing."  It's the whole no bathroom, no shower, big foot is out there kinda thing that gets me.  I put it right up there with swimming in the ocean.  When I can't see what's coming at me- I get nervous.

The Dairy Farmer knows this and while I was working on the computer, he was in his office scheming.    This is what I found in his office at 10pm that night:


His tent, set up with a fully inflated air mattress and wonderfully soft sheets. 


And this:



The s'more station.  We sat on the blankets and roasted marshmallows over the "fire." 



And this:

A tree, so it really felt like the great outdoors.



And this:

An open window, so we could have the sense of really being out of doors....and we listened to the horses snorting, the chickens clucking and the calves bawling because that's exactly what you'd hear if you were camping for realz.




And then.....there was this:


My laptop, propped up on a case of printer paper...all plugged in and cued with an Ashton Kutcher movie.   We could lay in our tent, on an air mattress, snuggled up in a blanket, with a belly full of s'mores and watch a movie?  Heck yeah.....I'm all about camping.

0 comments: