A Milestone

It seems like long ago and far away, but in the winter of 2009, I started working on the farm....after a nice long 10 year run as a stay at home mom. 

Here is the first calf I fed....we've talked about her before.  Good old 2829.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  It was cold and I was reluctant.

I had one calf to feed on my first day.....and I had trouble....and was frustrated.  She was a little bit premature and had trouble figuring it out.  I perserveered and.......

Now, we feed about 50-60 every day.  The ironic thing is that we are faster now, with more calves then when we first started and only had , like 10.....yeah...we are THAT good.



So, last month....we celebrated a milestone.......drum roll please.......................

TA-DAH!!!  Calf 3829!


 You know what this means right?   We have raised 1000 calves!!! 


 We rock.

0 comments: